- William Bailey 1785-1850
- Elizabeth Bird 1780-1861
- William Bailey 1752-1801
- Mary Jackson 1759-1839
Ann Bailey is most likely to have been the daughter of William Bailey and his wife Elizabeth Bird in Wicken. There is a slim chance that she was the 'base born' (meaning 'illegitimate') daughter of Sarah Bailey. The fact that her father does not appear on her marriage entry might support this, but it appears that the church was not making a note of the parents of brides and grooms in 1832.
Ann married Henry Bowers (1812-1847) at Wicken, Cambridgeshire in 1832 and the couple went on to have at least eight children before Henry died in 1847.
Now widowed and with a young family, Ann remarried to Jackson Layton, a widower of Burwell and the couple had at least 3 further children whilst living at Guinea Hall.
On Ann's final census in 1891, she appears as a widow living alone, aged 81yrs, and noted as a 'Pauper'. She died six years later.
1811, Wicken, Cambridgeshire.
3rd May 1811, Wicken, Cambridgeshire
- Henry Bowers (1812-1847) on 27th October 1832 at Wicken Church, Cambridgeshire.
- Jackson Layton (1817-?) on 28th January 1851 at Wicken Church, Cambridgeshire.
- Emily Bowers (1833-?) married John Cropley (1828-?)
- Isaac Bowers (1835-1863) married Mary Ann Houghton (1834-1872)
- Mary Bowers (1836-?) married Robert Hinkens (1831-?)
- Elizabeth Bowers (1838-?) married Joseph Ely (1835-?)
- Maurice Bowers (1840-1921) married Eleanor Lyddon (1841-1902)
- Sarah Bowers (1841-1920) married George Farby (1839-1920)
- Ann Bowers (1843-1889) married James Simpson Bishop (1842-1901).
- Eliza Bowers (1846-?) married Robert Casburn.
- William Bailey Layton (1852-?)
- Sarah Ann Bailey Layton (1853)
- Sarah Bailey Layton (1855-?)
- 1841: 30yrs, Northup Corner, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 38yrs, Bedlam Yard, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 50yrs, Guinea Hall, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 60yrs, Johnson's Fen Farm, Burwell, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 71yrs, Guinea Hall, Burwell, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 81yrs, South Side of Main Road, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
January 1897 in Burwell, Cambridgeshire, aged 85 years.
21st January 1897, Burwell, Cambridgeshire.