- Richard Bayley
- Margaret Harlock 1690-?
- Roger Harlock
Richard Bayley was the son of Richard and Margaret Bayley (née Harlock) of Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
Richard married Martha Dennis of Wicken, in 1746 and the couple had two children before Martha's death in 1751. Richard, a widower with two small children remarried just eight months later to Frances Flower. Together they had another nine children and lived into their sixties.
In 1785 Richard, Frances, their son Richard and his wife Anne all died within the space of about five weeks. In the parish register there is the note of 'coll' alongside their burial entries and four other villages. I suspect this refers to their cause of death and most likely a contagious disease, such as 'cholera'.
Richard's daughter Peggy also died during this 'coll' period but this phrase is not noted against her burial entry.
1725, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
25th July 1725, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Martha Dennis (1723-1751) on 30th September 1746 at Wicken Church, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Frances Flower (1731-1785) on 30th March 1752 at Wicken Church, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Lidia Bayley (1748-?)
- Thomas Bayley (1751-?)
- William Bailey (1752-1801) married Mary Jackson (1759-1839)
- John Bayley (1754-?)
- Richard Bayley (1756-1785) married Anne Peacock (17??-1785)
- James Bayley (1761-?)
- Peggy Bayley (1763-1785) married William Fuller (17??-?)
- Henry Bayley (1766-?)
- Flower Bayley (1770-?)
- Joseph Bayley (1772-?)
- Isaac Bayley (1772-?)
April 1785 at Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
Cause of Death:
'Coll' - presumably Cholera.
4th April 1785 at Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England, 2 days before his wife Frances.