- William Bayley 1752-1801
- Mary Jackson 1759-1839
William Bailey was the third oldest of the ten children of William Bayley and his wife Mary Jackson of Wicken, Cambridgeshire.
After his marriage to Elizabeth Bird in 1803 (both were illiterate), the couple had eight children between 1804 and 1823. By the time of the 1841 census, it is only Sarah Bailey who remains at the family home. Here, William is noted as being 68yrs old and blind.
In 1851, William's widow Elizabeth, is noted as a 73 year old Pauper, living at Bedlham Yard, Wicken with her grand-daughter, Ann Bowers, aged 8 years.
circa 1785, Wicken, Cambridgeshire.
8th January 1785, Wicken, Cambridgeshire
- Elizabeth Bird (1780-18??) on 13th October 1803 at Wicken Church, Cambridgeshire.
- William Bailey (1804-1861?) married Martha Taylor (1801-1867)
- Oliver Bailey (1806-1890) married Ann
- James Bailey (1808-1871) married Jane Foreman (1809-1876)
- Ann Bailey (1811-1897) married Henry Bowers (1812-1847) and Jackson Layton (1817-?)
- Isaac Bailey (1814-?) married Jane (1817-?)
- Rebecca Bailey (1816-?) married George Pollard
- Sarah Bailey (1820-?) married William Saunders
- Richard Bailey (1823)
- 1841: 58yrs, Workhouse Yard, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, England.
April 1850, Wicken, Cambridgeshire, aged 67 years.
22nd April 1850, Wicken, Cambridgeshire.