- Simpson Bishop 1818-?
- Elizabeth Taylor 1818-?
- Henry Bowers 1812-1847
- Ann Bailey 1811-1897
Adelaide Yarrow (née Bishop) in 1953.
Adelaide Bishop was the tenth of the fifteen children of James Simpson Bishop and his wife Ann Bowers of Wicken, although Adelaide was born in Burwell, Cambridgeshire, along with several of her siblings (her Grandmother was living in Burwell at the time, so this probably explains the connection).
When Adelaide was just twelve years old, her mother died, leaving the family of fifteen children (the youngest being no more than two years old) in the charge of her widower James, a labourer, and her childless sister Sarah and her husband George Farby.
Adelaide worked as an infant's school teacher at Little Thetford and taught many of the children important home making handicrafts like sewing and made a number of clothes for the children too. Adelaide attended school herself, and is noted as a 'scholar' on the 1881 census when she was just 4 years old.
She married James Yarrow, a railway worker at Little Thetford and the couple went on to have fifteen known children (although it has been said that there were another six that did not survive their infancy).
The family moved in 1899 to Wilburton and lived in the Station Cottages where James became Station Master. In the later wartime years, the family moved to Wilburton old Vicarage which still exists today with its stunning views across the fenland.
1877, Burwell, Cambridgeshire.
- James Yarrow (1875-1946) on 20th October 1896 at Little Thetford church in Cambridgeshire.
- Adelaide Mary Yarrow (1897-1984) married Leonard Frederick Plumb (1895-1953) and Samuel Spencer Ambrose (1894-1961)
- Ada Yarrow (1898-1977) married John Lavender Haylock (1900-?)
- Maude Yarrow (1899-2004) married Ernest Herbert Barber (1902-1983)
- Jessie Yarrow (1900-1997) married Leslie Ling (1906-1995)
- George James Yarrow (1901)
- George Owen Yarrow (1903-1996) married Olive Maud Palmer (1900-1977)
- Albert James Yarrow (1905-1983)
- Sidney Yarrow (1906-1909)
- John Yarrow (1908-1988) married Dorothy Amelia Butcher (1914-?)
- Frank Yarrow (1909-2010) married Gladys Lythell (1913-1992)
- Agnes Yarrow (1911-) married Jack Langley (1913-1988)
- William Maurice Yarrow (1913-2001) married Ethel Stott
- Catherine Yarrow (1914-) married Jesse Langley (1916-1991)
- Lois Margaret Yarrow (1917-2003)
- Winifred Joan Yarrow (1919-2006)
- 1881: 4yrs, High Street, Wicken, Cambridgeshire.
- 1891: 14yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1901: 24yrs, The Vinegards, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1911: 34yrs, Railway Cottages, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire.
8th September 1965, Wilburton in Cambridgeshire.
September 1965 in Wilburton churchyard, Cambridgeshire.