Joseph Bishop was an agricultural labourer who lived in Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
He married Elizabeth Clements of Soham, Cambridgeshire and the couple had at least eight children.
Whilst it's not yet clear who Joseph's parents were, as there is no corresponding baptism in Soham, there is a baptism in 1767 for a Joseph Bishop, the son of Robert and Sarah Bishop of Fordham, the neighbouring parish. I think it is highly likely to be the correct person, but I await further evidence.
- circa 1771 at Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Clements (1770-1861) on 12th May 1792 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Bishop (1792-1819)
- John Bishop (1795-1868) married Elizabeth Simpson (1793-1826), later to Elizabeth Saunders (1793-1827), Sarah Leonard (1810-1836), and Martha Earith (1812-1838)
- Joseph Bishop (1797-1809)
- James Bishop (1800-1844) married Elizabeth Bates (18??-?)
- Robert Bishop (1802-1817)
- Sophia Bishop (1805-?)
- Elijah Bishop (1807-1878) married Elizabeth Sizer (1816-?)
- Mary Bishop (1809-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 70yrs, Hanst Drove, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1841: Agricultural Labourer
- August 1845 in Soham, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 81 years.
- 17th August 1845 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.