Elizabeth Clements was the second of the seven children of John Clements and his wife Elizabeth Slack of Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
She married Joseph Bishop when she was 22 years old, and at the time of her marriage.
The couple had at least eight children between 1792 and 1809 in Soham.
In 1809, her son Joseph died aged 12. This was followed in 1817 by a tragic accident that claimed the life of her 14 year old son Robert, who was killed when a large roller went over him at a farm belonging to Mr Slack. The Slack family were Elizabeth's mother's family.
In 1819, a third son, the oldest - William - died aged 27, leaving the family with five surviving children.
Elizabeth appears on three censuses, and she is noted as a former Nurse on her last one in 1861. At this time, she is living with her song Elijah, but died two months later at the grand age of 91 years.
- circa 1770 at Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Joseph Bishop (1771-1845) on 12th May 1792 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Bishop (1792-1819)
- John Bishop (1795-1868) married Elizabeth Simpson (1793-1826), later to Elizabeth Saunders (1793-1827), Sarah Leonard (1810-1836), and Martha Earith (1812-1838)
- Joseph Bishop (1797-1809)
- James Bishop (1800-1844) married Elizabeth Bates (18??-?)
- Robert Bishop (1802-1817)
- Sophia Bishop (1805-?)
- Elijah Bishop (1807-1878) married Elizabeth Sizer (1816-?)
- Mary Bishop (1809-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 70yrs, Hanst Drove, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 84yrs, Hasse Drove, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 91yrs, Hodges Hill, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: Agricultural Labourer and Pauper
- 1861: Former Nurse
- June 1861 in Soham, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 91 years.
- 15th June 1861 in grave G977/145/ at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.