Elizabeth Clements was born in Soham, Cambridgeshire in 1770, as the second oldest of John and Elizabeth's (née Slack) seven children.
She married Joseph Bishop when she was 22 years old, and at the time of her marriage, both she and her new husband were illiterate.
The couple had at least eight children between 1792 and 1809 in Soham.
In 1809, her son Joseph died aged 12. This was followed in 1817 by a tragic accident that claimed the life of her 14 year old son Robert, who was killed when a large roller went over him at a farm belonging to Mr Slack. The Slack family were Elizabeth's mother's family.
In 1819, a third son, the oldest - William - died aged 27, leaving the family with five surviving children.
Elizabeth appears on three censuses, her last at the age of 91 years in 1861, before her death two months later.
26th January 1770, Soham, Cambridgeshire.
- Joseph Bishop (1771-1845) on 12th May 1792 at Soham parish church, Cambridgeshire.
- William Bishop (1792-1819)
- John Bishop (1795-1868) married Elizabeth Simpson
- Joseph Bishop (1797-1809)
- James Bishop (1800-1844)
- Robert Bishop (1802-1817)
- Sophia Bishop (1805-?)
- Elijah Bishop (1807-1878) married Elizabeth (1815-?)
- Mary Bishop (1809-?)
- 1841: 70yrs, Hanst Drove, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 84yrs, Hasse Drove, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 91yrs, Hodges Hill, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
June 1861, aged 91 years.
15th June 1861 at Soham, Cambridgeshire. Grave ref: G977/145/