- Henry Dewsbury 1850-?
- Mahalah Randall 1856-?
Laura Dewsbury was one of the children of Henry James Dewsbury, a publican and miller, and his wife Mahalah (née Randall) who ran a chain ferry across the River Ouse at Barway, Cambridgeshire.
Whilst Laura was living at home with her parents and siblings during the 1891 census, by the time of the 1901 census, and aged 15yrs, she was living in Friern Barnet, Middlesex where she was working as a 'General Servant' to a 29 year old accountant called Richard H Beecher and his family.
Returning to Cambridgeshire by 1905, Laura married Owen Yarrow and the couple are believed to have had several children but sadly some of them did not survive infancy. There are certainly a few infant burials in Little Thetford around the time of Laura's surviving children but only the purchase of birth and death certificates will prove the parentage of these children.
Owen enlisted with the 5th Battalion of the Suffolk Regiment and in his absence, Laura mothered a son, Alfred, reputedly by another man. Alfred was brought up as a Yarrow but Like Owen, Alfred was killed at war.
Laura died in 1972 and was buried alone in Little Thetford cemetery.
1885, Barway, Cambridgeshire.
- Owen Yarrow (1882-1917) on 26th November 1905 at Little Thetford parish church, Cambridgeshire.
- Arthur Owen Yarrow (1906-1970)
- Laura Yarrow (1908-1909)
- Ida Mary Yarrow (1912-1999) married George William Bent (1911-1966)
- Alfred Yarrow (1916-1943)
- 1891: 5yrs, Thetford Mill, Barway, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 15yrs, Glen Tor Villa, Friern Barnet, Middlesex, England.
- 1911: 25yrs, Round House, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
31st December 1972, aged 87 years.
Little Thetford cemetery, Cambridgeshire