- unknown line
- unknown line
- John Hawkins 1792-18??
- Jane 1793-1859
Mary Yarrow (née Gothard).
Mary Gothard was the daughter of William Gothard and Sarah Hawkins of Witcham, Cambridgeshire.
She worked as a domestic servant and for a time in the 1860's she worked at "The Three Horseshoes" public house in Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, which was owned at the time by Owen Yarrow. It was during this time that she would have met her future husband, Owen Yarrow's half-brother, James Yarrow. The pub has since been converted into a large house (pictured right in 1997).
The couple married and had three sons and they set up home in a cottage owned by a Mrs. Lister, just opposite the pub.
James died in late October 1930 and Mary, a distraught widow, went to live with her son James in nearby Wilburton Station.
Sadly, whilst she was away, her cottage caught fire on 5th November 1930 (Guy Fawke's Night). The Ely Fire Brigade attended the fire and villagers help rescue the furniture but the house was burnt to the ground.
Mary died about three months later, which together with the death of her husband was claimed by The Cambridgeshire Times as "hastened her end".
1847, Witcham, Cambridgeshire.
1st August 1847, Witcham, Cambridgeshire.
- James Yarrow (1846-1930) on 10th November 1868 at Little Thetford parish church in Cambridgeshire.
- John William Yarrow (1869-1955) married Amy Ann Howard (1872-1946).
- James Yarrow (1875-1946) married Adelaide Bishop (1877-1965)
- Owen Yarrow (1882-1917) married Laura Dewsbury (1885-1972)
- 1851: 4yrs, Slade, Witcham, Cambridgeshire.
- 1861: 14yrs, Three Horse Shoes, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1871: 24yrs, Principal Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1881: 34yrs, 19 High Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1891: 44yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1901: 54yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- 1911: 64yrs, The Round House, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
February 1931, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, aged 84 years old.
18th February 1931, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
- The Guy Fawkes Night Fire
The story of the evening when fire destroyed Mary's home just weeks after the death of her husband in 1930.
- The Three Horseshoes 1906-2010 (animated)
An automated animation of two photos - one from 1906 and one from 2010, taken on the same spot, showing how the area around the Three Horseshoes (where Mary worked in 1861, and lived opposite in 1930) has changed over the years.
- The Round House Past and Present
An article from LittleThetford.org on the history of the Round House where Mary had lived in 1911.