- unknown line
- unknown line
William Gothard's place of birth remains a mystery, as does the identity of his parents but there are records in Gravely, Huntingdonshire that may be the correct baptism.
William was definitely a labourer and when he married Sarah Hawkins (of Witcham), he was noted as 'of Witcham'.
In roughly 1867 the family moved from Witcham to Wilburton.
During the 1881 census he appears as living in Twenty Pence Road, Wilburton with his wife and youngest daughter.
William outlived his wife who died in 1882 but he does not appear in the 1891 census and appears to have died in 1887.
About 1816, Cambridgeshire.
- Sarah Hawkins (1820-1882) on 26th September 1841 at Witcham parish church in Cambridgeshire.
- Hannah Gothard (1841-?)
- Richard Gothard (1843-1929) married Louisa Smith (1846-1885) and later to Mary Norman (1844-1933)
- Mary Gothard (1847-1931) married James Yarrow (1846-1930).
- Jane Elizabeth Gothard (1849-?) married John Crabb (1850-?)
- Elizabeth Gothard (1851-?)
- William Gothard (1852-1855)
- Sarah Ann Gothard (1856-?) married George Gifford (1858-?)
- Joseph Gothard (1858-?) married Phoebe Collins (1858-?)
- Annie Maria Gothard (1863-?)
- 1841: 20yrs, High Street, Witcham.
- 1851: 35yrs, Slade, Witcham.
- 1861: 43yrs, The Black Horse, Wilburton.
- 1871: 53yrs, The Black Horse, Wilburton.
- 1881: 65yrs, Twenty Pence Road Ferry, Wilburton
after his wife's death in 1882 but before the 1891 census. Most likely in 1887.