- Westly Hawkins 17??-?
- Sarah unknown 17??-?
- William Dunham 1766-1844
- Alice Foreman 1769-1821
John Hawkins was the oldest of the eight known children of John Hawkins and his wife Jane (née Dunham) of Witchford, Cambridgeshire.
He married Ethel Rowell, a servant, during August 1841 at Witcham Church, Cambridgeshire and his sister Sarah and her husband-to-be William Gothard acted as witnesses to the marriage.
John and Ethel settled in Back Street, Witcham and went on to have five children - one, Joseph Hawkins, appears in the Witcham baptism register as "boy hurt" on 8th January 1856. The baptism is noted as being a private one. However, he appears to survive until at least 1871 where he appears in Witcham with his parents, younger brother and neice, Emily Hitch.
Ethel predeceased John in 1871 and he went on to live until 1898, dying aged "80" at Ely Union House. He was buried at Witcham, Cambridgeshire.
1818, Witchford, Cambridgeshire.
- Ethel Rowell (1821-1871) on 9th August 1841 at Witcham parish church in Cambridgeshire.
- Mary Ann Hawkins (1843-?) married Robert Hitch (1843-?)
- William Hawkins (1845-1933) married Elizabeth Newell (1850-1944)
- Joseph Hawkins (1850-?)
- Richard Hawkins (1856-?)
- Elizabeth Hawkins (1860-1861)
- 1841: 20yrs, Silver Street, Witcham.
- 1851: 32yrs, Backside, Witcham.
- 1861: 42yrs, Back Street, Witcham.
- 1871: 53yrs, Back Side, Witcham.
- 1881: 62yrs, Street, Witcham.
- 1891: 73yrs, West End, Witcham.
March 1898 at Ely Union House, Ely, Cambridgeshire. Aged 80 years.
6th January 1882 in Wilburton cemetery, Cambridgeshire.