- Rebecca Newman 1804-?
- "Elias Dann" - illegitimate line
- John Levitt 1797-1879
- Elizabeth Skeels 1802-1890
Alfred Newman was the oldest son of blacksmith - Charles Newman and his wife Emma (née Levitt) of Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire.
He married Harriet Cooper of Ely in 1877 and the couple went on to have 13 children - the penultimate child, Selina, died when she was about 2 years old. The family lived initially in Church Lane (1881) and later at Bull Lane (1891) near the Waterside area of Ely.
Alfred worked as a Coprolite Digger, a Platelayer and later a Brewer's Labourer.
1849, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire.
- Harriet Cooper (1854-1925) on 3rd June 1877 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
- Charles Cooper Newman (1878-?) married Florence Foreman
- Isabella Elizabeth Newman (1879-1945) married Arthur Martin
- Henry William Newman (1880-?) married "Ginny"
- Emma Newman (1882-?) married William Webb
- Alfred Sidney Newman (1883-1969) married Clara Emma Gilbert (1885-1973)
- Robert B. Newman (1884-1958)
- Maud Newman (1887-?) married Arthur Taylor
- Arthur E. Newman (1888-1976) married Eliza Cornwell (1893-1970)
- Frederick John Newman (1889-1973) married Ettie May Haylock (1895-1957)
- Beatrice M. L. Newman (1890-?) married George Bowden
- Albert Edward Newman (1893-?) married Lydia Fretwell
- Selina May Newman (1894-1896)
- Ellen Ada Newman (1898-?) married William Haylock
13th March 1933 at 54 Waterside, Ely, aged 83yrs.
Ely Cemetery with his wife Harriet. Grave # G23(c).