- Charles Newman 1820-1906
- Emma Levitt 1825-?
- Robert Cooper 1808-1889
- Elizabeth Fison 1809-1886
Alfred Newman with his wife Clara Emma (née Gilbert) in 1962.
Alfred Newman was the fifth of thirteen children of Alfred Newman, a brewer's labourer and his wife Harriet Cooper of Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
He married Clara Gilbert of Littleport, Cambridgeshire and the couple had six children whilst living at 5, Waterside, Ely.
Sadly though, two of their sons predeceased them. Their oldest son, Wilfred, died of "an incurable illness" (a combination of Septicemia, Uretheral Fistula and TB of the Kidney) having been released from Addenbrooke's hospital months before.
Their youngest child, Owen Newman was killed in Singapore as a Prisoner of War aboard a Japanese Hospital Ship when it was destroyed by American forces.
A photo of Alfred holding his dog "Spot" outside his cottage appeared in a book in 1997 which was compiled by Cambridgeshire historians; Mike Petty and Pamela Blakeman which depicted Ely in a photographical history.
23rd April 1883, Church Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Clara Emma Gilbert (1884-1973) in 1909 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Phylis May Newman (1909-1987) married Sidney Albert Fitch (1908-1985).
- Elizabeth Iris Newman (1911-1970) married Horace Farrow
- Wilfred Newman (1913-1929).
- Leslie Newman (1914-1985) married Olive Wilden.
- Edna Olga Newman (1916-1986) married Percy Martin (1914-1991).
- Owen Newman (1920-1945).
1969, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
Cambridge Crematorium, Cambridgeshire, England.