- Ann Tingey
- illegitimate line
Robert Tingey was one of at least two children of Thomas Tingey and his wife Mary (née Barber) of Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
He married Frances 'Fanny' Harrison of Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, and the couple went on to have twelve children. Sadly two of these children did not survive infancy, dying just a few days apart in 1844.
In 1851 the family appears on the Census at Cannon Street, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire. Also living at the house was Robert's widowed Mother, Mary Tingey (nee Barber) and an eleven year old John Burgess, presumably a servant.
The family are 'missing' in 1861 though, and I've been unable to locate them in the area, or under similar surname spellings. Oddly, they return exactly where they previously were by the 1871 census.
c.1798, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
25th November 1798, with his sister Elizabeth Tingey, at St. Martin's Church, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Fanny Harrison (1802-1881) on 23rd December 1820 at St. Leonard's Church, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Mary Tingey (1820-1883) married John Crisp (1820-1840s), James Martin (1814-1868) and Matthew Watling (1814-1883)
- William Tingey (1823-1885) married Eliza Marshall (1825-1897)
- James Tingey (1825-1903) married Eliza Maltby (1826-1915)
- Robert Tingey (1829-1847)
- Sarah Tingey (1832-1863) married Thomas Saddon (1828-?)
- Ellen Tingey (1834-?)
- Isaac Tingey (1836-?)
- Francis Tingey (1837-?) married Rebecca Green (1839-?)
- Jonah Tingey (1839-1844)
- Hannah Tingey (1841-1844)
- Hannah Tingey (1846-?)
- Eliza Ann Tingey (1848-?)
- 1841: 43yrs, Oxlode, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 50yrs, Cannon Street, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: Not yet found
- 1871: 73yrs, Lawn Lane, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1841-1851: Agricultural Labourer, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: Agricultural Labourer, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
circa January 1872, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 74yrs.
3rd February 1872 at Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.