- William Gilbert 1807-1879
- Elizabeth Brightley 1810-1886
- Thomas Howlett 1835-1858
- Caroline Clark 1835-1917
Clara Emma Newman (née Gilbert).
Clara Emma Gilbert
Clara Emma Gilbert was the sixth of the nine children of James Gilbert and his wife Elizabeth (née Howlett) of Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
She married Alfred Newman, a Basket Weaver of Ely and the couple had six children whilst living at number 5, Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Sadly though, two of their sons predeceased them. Their oldest son, Wilfred, died of "an incurable illness" (a combination of Septicemia, Uretheral Fistula and TB of the kidney) after being sent home from Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge.
Their youngest child, Owen Newman was killed in Singapore as a Prisoner of War aboard a Japanese Hospital Ship when it was destroyed by American forces.
When her father died, each daughter was given 10 acres to farm during the rest of their lives, with the son getting the rest of the Gilbert land at Littleport. Upon Clara's death, the land returned to the Gilbert family whom still live in Littleport, and still farm 'Clara's Field' today.
14th October 1884, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
16th November 1884, at St Matthew's Church, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Alfred Newman (1883-1969) on 2nd June 1909 at the Wesleyan Chapel Dairy Houses, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Phylis May Newman (1909-1987) married Sidney Albert Fitch (1908-1986).
- Iris Elizabeth Newman (1911-1970) married Horace Farrow (1913-1979)
- Wilfred Newman (1913-1929).
- Leslie Newman (1914-1985) married Olive Wilden (1922-?).
- Edna Olga Newman (1916-1986) married Percy Martin (1914-1991).
- Owen Gilbert Newman (1920-1944).
- 1891: 6yrs, Burnt Chimney Drove, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 16yrs, 2 Burnt Chimney Drove, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 26yrs, Burnt Chimney Drove, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
20th January 1973, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
Cambridge Crematorium, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.