- James Poll 1741-?
- Mary Syers 1744-?
- Simon Poll 16??-17??
- Elizabeth Mager 16??-17??
- unknown Syers
Ishmael Poll was most likely to have been the son of James Poll and Mary (née Syers), although this remains to be fully checked.
Ishmael is a herbrew name - phonetically pronounced as 'ish-may-elle' - and is a name that's also handed to his son. It is unclear as to where this name came from, or that of Ishmael's daughter Kerunhappuck (another
Ishmael married Mary Fiddement and the couple are known to have had ten children - only two of which were sons.
On his one and only appearance on the census (in 1841), Ishmael is noted as being a 'Weaver - Silk Worker', and would have no doubt contributed to the booming, highly skilled, and dangerous, silk industry of nearby Norwich, Norfolk, England.
1772, Wymondham, Norfolk, England.
17th October 1772 at Wymondham Abbey, Wymondham, Norfolk, England.
- Mary Fiddement (1774-1859) on 30th March 1796 at Wymondham Abbey, Wymondham, Norfolk, England.
- Elizabeth Poll (1796-1871) married Michael Goodings (1794-1821) and John Howlett (1785-1861)
- Hannah Poll (1798-?)
- Mary Poll (1801-?)
- Honour Poll (1802-?) married Stephen Woolner (1811-?)
- Ann Poll (1804-?)
- Margaret Poll (1806-?)
- Ishmael Poll (1808-1881) married Sarah Shrimpling (18??-?)
- Kerunhappuck Poll (1810-1896) married Robert Smith (1811-?)
- Kezia Poll (1812-1889) married Samuel Peel (1811-1882)
- James Poll (1816-?)
- 1841: 70yrs, The Lizard, Wymondham, Norfolk, England.
- 1841: Weaver - Silk Worker
April 1847, Lizard, Norfolk, England, aged 74 years.
9th April 1847 Wymondham, Norfolk, England.
- The family of Ishmael Poll and Mary Fiddement
Notes on the family of Ishmael and Mary from an online researcher named Matthew Perry. We have some differing dates, but it is relatively similar.